Objectives of activities carried out
A Collection of video interviews to company managers and communication experts, to provide VET students that want to become web designers and/or social media managers a better understanding of companies’ expectations according to a Work Based Learning approach.
The interviews will be used by VET learners autonomously or by VET trainers to enrich their classroom activities with specific knowledge, competences and skills coming directly from real business case scenarios.
Description of activities carried out
- searching for IT company managers and make a list of the available ones
- validating the templates, developed by Pixel, related to the production of the IO1:
IO1.A. Video Lessons Template
IO1.BA Learning Object Template
- informing the Mangers, selected for the interview, about the project, the contents and aims of the video lessons
- Making 3 video interviews per each company, according to the established guidelines and suggested scripts
- Transcribing videos in Spanish and then translating scripts to English. Editing the script and filling in the corresponding templates
- Developing the Activities - Learning Scenarios, for VET students using the corresponding templates.
Since the beginning of the project till February 2018, ESMOVIA has registered 14 videos.
ESMOVIA has been getting in contact with companies, by both e-mails and phone, selecting them, informing the managers about the project (aim, objectives and activites) and specifically explaining in details the IO1, which they have directly contributed to.
Before the video sessions, the managers and directors have received by e-mail the questions for the interviews and given enough time to reflect about the messages and contents to get well prepared in advance.
Visits to the companies have been duly scheduled in a Calendar, where key information about companies, managers and contacts have been collected to run smoothly the video sessions.
Once registered, videos contents have been transcribed, translated into English, uploaded to the WBL 2.0 Youtube channel and provided with English subititles.
For each of them, the Video Description and Learning Objective forms have been filled in.
Managers and directors who have participated in the IO1, are from different background and operate in several professional sectors (internationalization of companies, EU projects, children's fashion and childcare, social impact, innovation, web and graphic design, communication, etc.). The diversity of companies and organization's profile shows a wide spectrum of opportunities to IT and Web deign VET students, as their profile is higlhy demanded nowadays in every market sector.
ESMOVIA is also dealing with the translation into Spanish of the partners' video contents.
- 14 video Interviews, registered and uploaded on the Youtube Channel with English subtitles
- 14 video Testimonial, registered and uploaded on the Youtube Channel with English subtitles
- 14 Video Descriptions
- 14 Learning Object forms completed, filled out with activities for VET students