Description of activities carried out
At the first beginning the activities we carried on were mainly aimed to promote the project.
1) During November 2016 our first activity has been a meeting with the headmaster of “Patronato San Vincenzo” Professional School of Bergamo and Claudio Bianchessi, manager for internationalization of Confartigianato Imprese Lodi. The objective was to plan the activities of dissemination (i.e mailing, articles, fairs) and to acknowledge the two bodies participating in the meeting about the WBL project in its main features. The dissemination started with a first transnational meeting with all our Partners in Florence and then it was followed by other national and transnational meetings, conferences and training seminar not only in Florence, but also in Rome and in Bergamo too. Moreover, we decided to create a web page for the WBL, in which all the articles related to the project would have been constantly published. During the meeting in Florence it has also been decided to create interviews and video testimonials with successful ICT entrepreneurs about the importance of marketing, SEO and social networks in their activities. That’s why we realized three interviews and three video testimonials in which we asked to entrepreneurs about their companies, and we published them on Youtube with English subtitles. The aim was to submit them to the students of the schools that would have been involved in a second time. Three real case scenarios have been also created to be submitted to students during lessons. In fact, our colleagues involved the school Patronato san Vincenzo in Bergamo for a dissemination activity with school representatives.
2) During the following months two articles about the project have been written and then published on Eco di Bergamo, the purpose was to get in touch with citizens and to sensibilize them about the subject. After this, we planned three new interviews and three new video testimonials to do in September with other companies and we planned the involvement of new VET trainers in our project.
3) During March 2017 we created a mailing list and 186 informative e-mails about the aims of WBL 2.0 have been sent to enterprises. Our associated companies have been informed about the 12 video interviews and 12 video testimonials that we planned to produce, in order to give to managers and entrepreneurs the chance to tell their stories and give advices to the students about the most important skills needed to work in ICT sector.
We also attended the third Project Partners Meeting in Kilkis, that was a good opportunity to take stock of the situation and reschedule deadlines with all the partners.
4) During April 2017 we organized with Bergamo Province, the City Council, the Chamber of Commerce and other local institutions the 3rd edition of “Fiera dei Mestieri”. This kind of event was perfect for the promotion of the project because about 2.400 students of 29 professional schools of the province could have been involved. Classes of students could visit stands, meet artisans/entrepreneurs and their activities. The fair showed how strong the relation between professional education and the successful outcomes of SMEs is. It helped a lot of people, especially the young ones, to choose their own educational path and to find out more about SMEs.
5) During September 2017 we collected three new video interviews and three video testimonials with successful ICT entrepreneurs. We uploaded them on the WBL Youtube channel and we subtitled them in English. We got in touch with new VET trainers and we involved three high schools into our dissemination programme (ISIS L. Einaudi, ITCTS Vittorio Emanuele, ISIS G. Galli). Oscar Mora, our colleague from the formation area Confartigianato Imprese Bergamo also met the students of the ISIS L. Einaudi and told them what the WBL 2.0 project is. He got very good feedbacks from students.
6) During October 2017, Oscar Mora met the students of the school Caniana in Bergamo and showed them videos and a PDF presentation about the WBL 2.0 project. We created and uploaded on Youtube three new video testimonials and three interviews with 3 successful entrepreneurs. We also translated and subtitled them and we realized three new real case scenarios for the students that will be involved in the project. Thanks to the work of our formation office, we planned to involve new schools in the WBL 2.0 project.
7) During December 2017, we planned the intermediate steps of the projects, such as organizing new meetings with the partners, looking for new enterprises to contact and new schools to submit the videos we made.
8) During January 2018, we got in touch with the high school “Valle Seriana” to submit our video testimonials and interviews, and with the touristic high school “Vittorio Emanuele” to involve some students in the realization of a real case scenario that we created for Marco Breda (owner of the company: Pronto e Sano). This project helped the enterprise in finding new solutions for its business and gave to the students the chance to develop their soft-skills and to better understand difficulties and satisfactions that working life can present them. At the end of the month we started to translate from English to Italian the partners’ videos that have been uploaded on the WBL 2.0 portal.
9) During February and March 2018 we focused on the production of the interviews to our associated companies and on the video editing on our Youtube channel. Oscar Mora went to the school of art “A. Fantoni” to show the videos and pdf presentation about the WBL project to the students. We also took one class of the high school “Vittorio Emanuele” to Golositalia fair in order to follow the project BabyQ together with Matteo Breda. The BabyQ project is one of the real case scenario that we created for the students, it was based on the enterprise Pronto e Sano. The students could meet the owner of Pronto e Sano, who explained them the case and followed them during their activities.
10) During April 2018 we started realizing the guidelines for enterprises. We continued with events and fair for the dissemination too. Thanks to our presence during the fair: “Fiera dei Mestieri 2018”, we had the opportunity to get in touch with a lot of young students and we could explain them how the WBL 2.0 works. We got a very positive feedback from the students who appeared very interested in participating to working experiences abroad.
11) During May 2018 thanks to a collaboration between Confartigianato Imprese Bergamo and Esmovia, we organized from the 6th to the 11th of May, the reception of a delegation composed by 5 Spanish professors from the IES LUIS SIMARO institute in the city of Xativa, in the province of Valencia. The trainers coming from the ICT sector, spent a whole week in our region and had the opportunity to visit some local technical and professional institutes and some of our associated companies. We also finished the production of the Guide Lines for enterprises that have been uploaded on the portal.
12) During June 2018 the BabyQ project with the high school “Vittorio Emanuele” came to an end. We also finished to insert Italian subtitles on the videos of our Italian associated companies and we continued the translation of partners’ video interviews and testimonials.
Thanks to all the activities, we achieved the promotion and publicity of the project, we supported students in their professional formation and we tried to bring awareness about the positive outcomes of the project to as many people as possible: more than 30.000 people visiting the fairs and more than 2.400 students attending it made possible to reach this goal. We also involved new VET trainers and teachers. We realized 12 real case scenarios and 25 between interviews and video testimonials to teach students how to perform their skills for the future. We published different articles on newspapers and websites that helped to reach an audience of more then 100.000 people.